Sunday, January 31, 2010

Little Notes of Memory

My little notes of memory - they're pathetic!

About a year after SW was born, I started taking little notes to remind myself of his special moments. They are quick notes that I can make any day and any time on any piece of paper, and just pop it into any containers.

5 years later, the glass that I had used to contain the notes are less than half-filled. It had been a mistake on my part to collect them in a fragile container (as I had to keep it away) and in a closed bookshelf. It was a sheer out-of-sight, out-of mind!

I've decided to discard the notes and jot them in my blog since now that I have transfered my little notes of memory here.

Here are the notes in non-chronological order:

6-Sep-2005:
SW pretended the remote control was the phone.

23-Jun-2005:
SW spoke his first sentence in English today,"Ma ma, I see a truck!"

26-Jun-2005:
Last week, SW pointed to the crab in his colouring book and said "Crab". He paused for a moment and continued, "mum-mum" (as in yum yum!) Then, he pointed to an umbrella in the same book and started singing, "雨伞, 雨伞, 亮晶晶”!

02-Dec-2005
SW said a complete sentence in Chinese today, pointing to his tricycle, "妈妈, 你陪我踏”!

22-Aug-2005
SW loves to cuddle his Charity Bear to sleep and carries it with him around the house too. It's his favourite friend!
(And to know he's still so fond of it now at age 6!)

28-Sep-2005:
SW said, “妹妹” for the first time today upon seeing the new born Lee Ang (cousin).

06-Sep-2005:
SW laughs every time I say the word "Avocado". I'd exaggerate it sometimes and he loves it. Didn't want me to stop. He tried to utter the word, but came nothing close!

09-09-2005:
Dad said SW showed signs of jealousy when he carried Lee Jiah (cousin). SW scrambled into Dad's arms to be carried too!


On hindsight, if I had kept up with the habit of popping in bits of notes more regularly, it might have turned into a priceless gift to my child one day. It's those little things you'd miss in videos and pictures, yet similarly meaningful to both mother and child...

No comments: